Job evaluation is a systematic process for establishing the relative value of jobs. The principles that underpin NEREO’s approach to effective job evaluation are;
- Ensure that the job evaluation scheme to be used is appropriate for all jobs;
- Involve job holders in the process as much as possible to ensure all relevant job information is collected through specially designed job evaluation questionnaires and, where appropriate, interviews with employees;
- A consistent approach to making judgements on job sizing;
- Ensure that the process followed and outcomes provide as much protection as possible against equal pay type challenges.
Job evaluation is one means of defining a grading structure. It is part of a complex process.
NEREO can help organisations through this complexity in a number of ways. We can:
- Train job evaluators
- Deliver in-house briefings
- Project manage in-house delivery
- Project manage “independent” delivery
- Design salary and grading structures
For further details contact Mick Brodie: email@example.com